Fall Winter 2012 Collection coming soon!
Check out one of our models Ashley modeling The Bella peep toe pump in python embossed leather upper and a black patent leather platform and 4-inch heel.
Upper Style Shoe Show, featuring Elite Model winner 2002 Ana Mihajlovic at GDS in Dusseldorf, Germany in Sept. 2011
More fahion show coverage from GDS coming soon and more upcoming trends for Spring/Summer 2012!
Lady Gaga in 24 inch heels…Yes, that’s right! 24 inch heels!
Earlier this week Lady Gaga attended a fashion award show, the CFDA Awards, where she accepted the Fashion Icon Award wearing these shoes! Wow!
Here is a close-up of the shoes…
Well, love her or hate her, she does push the limits in music and in fashion!
(Tell me what you think of these shoes in the comments section below. Would you ever wear these under any circumstances? Did she pull it off? Do you think she’s a fashion icon or just plain crazy?)
You know what I think of these by now, especially if you’ve read my previous blog on the Sky Heels…Dr. Michele 🙂
So back to the Top Ten list…
6. Seven inch heels: Have you ever tried walking in 7 inch heels? It’s not easy! I have to admit I have tried some on just to see how difficult it is to balance and walk in them, but to put it mildly, it’s like walking on your tippy tippy toes. Not easy and not even pretty most of the time…because you can usually tell that the person in them is trying really hard to balance or that they are in pain. Not a good look. But, nonetheless, people are searching for these shoes.
7. Sky heels: Did you see my post on these Sky Heels? Wow! Not only are they 9 inches, but they are very odd looking. They’re about half heel and half platform, so the platform is really big and really high. Again, not a great look! I personally do not even think that a platform that high is sexy, although I do like a small platform on my heels for added cushioning. But this is taking the platform heel look too far! (Not to mention dangerous…I’m sure there have been some ankle sprains and maybe even fractures from these shoes.)
8. Soles4Souls: As an official drop-off location for Soles4Souls, I have blogged about this organization on more than one occasion and have highlighted them in my monthly newsletter as well. And I am proud to say that my office (patients included) has donated over 500 pairs of shoes to Soles4Souls in 2011 so far! 🙂
9. UGGs: I hope you all read my post about making your UGGs more comfortable! Because although many people already think that UGGs are comfy, if you add an arch support like the sheepskin Lyncos orthotic from Aetrex, you will wonder why you never tried it before! It’s a great addition to boots (and other shoes as well) which will give you more support and comfort…try it and see! 🙂
10. Christian Louboutin 2011: I am not surprised that, out of all the shoes floating around in cyberspace, Christian Louboutins’ shoes made it to the Top Ten…but I am a little surprised that it didn’t make it to the Top 3! (especially with all of the recent press surrounding the red soled shoe lawsuits)
Dedicated to your foot health and your shoes,
“All shoes, all the time!”
A friend was at my house the other day, and we were discussing shoes (of course! LOL!) when she asked me about wedges…
Her: “I just don’t get wedges.”
Me: “Why? What don’t you get?”
Her: “I think they’re ugly. Why do so many people wear them?”
Me: “They’re not all ugly! Besides, they’re pretty comfortable.”
Me: “Uh-huh. Wait here. I want you to try mine.”
Me: I run down the hall and fetch a pair of mine from my closet.
Her: She tries them on. “Wow! They ARE comfortable! Hmmf. I never knew!”
Me: Big smile. 🙂
So that little conversation got me thinking…can wedges really be pretty and feminine and sexy? And can they be as sexy as other high heeled shoes like stilettos or peep toe pumps???
When women are asked why they love their heels, most women reply with something referring to sexiness:
“I feel sexy when I wear them.” or “I love the way they make my legs look.” (i.e. long and sexy)
So…back to the wedges…are they as sexy as other heels??? Here are a few examples of wedges to get you thinking…
Wedges, wedges, wedges were all the rage at the shoe shows I attended this past month! And they come in all types…open toe, closed toe, sandal, boot, ankle bootie, platform, etc. Check these out and let me know if you LOVE them, LIKE them, or HATE them!
Love them or hate them, wedges are here to stay!!!