This is a list of the Top 10 most searched for shoes and shoe-related terms that have led readers to this blog over the past few months:
- Flatforms: These shoes and sandals were hot, hot, hot on the runway this year but according to many of my readers and other women polled by other fashion magazines, they are not that popular. Hmm…seems like a little bit of a disconnect to me. If women are searching for these shoes, it seems to me that they must like them. Well, one thing that I know for sure is that the more popular they become, the more they are being produced. Originally, there were only a few runway photos of them out there, but now I see them in more and more magazines and stores…so ladies, I think the flatforms are here to stay for a while.
- Hot shoes for spring 2011: Hello!…This is pretty much what most women who wear fashion shoes wants to know! What is hot right now? What is trending right now? What can I get hot off the press before anyone else, like my girlfriends and co-workers? 🙂 Yes, we want the hottest shoes every season, don’t we? I have definitely included many blog posts on this topic in the past couple of months. (See below for related articles)
- Wedges: Not only are they hot, in season, and available just about everywhere right now, but they are also pretty comfortable (in comparison to other types of high heels, of course!). And according to top stylists in LA, the hottest color for the wedge this spring season is a natural wood look, not a dark brown and not a nude. Here is an example:
- Steve Madden boots with the red zipper: What can I say? I have these boots. My sister has these boots. I posted them on my facebook fan page as the “Shoe of the Day” once and nobody else seemed to like them…but this boot continually is one of the most searched for shoes EVERY month on my blog! I even mentioned it to the sales team at Steve Madden when I saw them at the Transit Shoe Show in LA in March because I didn’t see the boot in their display. They told me it wasn’t being produced currently, but the black one with the red zipper was…ok…um…people want the tan ones with the red zipper!!! Make them again, Steve Madden, please! For our readers… 🙂
- Cankles: Well, let’s just hope that readers are searching for this term to try to find out how to avoid getting cankles! Basically, do not wear shoes that are too tight over the top of the foot or at the ankle. Shoes like that will cut off the part of your circulation that circulates blood and fluid back up to the heart (i.e. venous circulation), causing fluid to stay down in the feet and ankles, causing the bulging look of cankles. It’s not a good look. 😦 And it’s not good for your feet or for your circulation. 😦
Stay tuned for Part II with #6-#10. It’s just too long to put in one post!!!