Got Any Shoe Years Resolutions?
So now that we’re well into the first week of the new year, how many of us are keeping up with your New Years Resolutions? Hopefully, most of us!
Tell me something else, did you make any Shoe Years Resolutions? Yes, there is such a term. No, I did not make it up. People all around the web have made their shoe years resolutions, and here are some of the top ones I have come up with as a shoe expert and a foot doctor. 🙂
(photo courtesy of ShoeDazzle)
2. To buy less shoes!
3. To buy better quality shoes instead of cheap ones that break or tear easily!
4. To buy at least one pair of designer shoes! 🙂
5. To buy shoes that fit properly and stop trying to squeeze my big feet into shoes that are one or two sizes too small! (Ouch!)
6. To stop wearing shoes that have my toes or heel hanging off the edge! (Not a good look!)
7. To rotate my shoes more and not get stuck in a rut wearing the same old shoes over and over again!
8. To clean my closet and get rid of the ones I know I’ll never wear again! (And donate them to Soles4Souls of course!)
9. To work out more and put those running shoes to good use!
10. To stop wearing flip-flops 24/7 just because I can! Instead, I vow to wear shoes that are appropriate for the occasion!
11. Runners: To stop running in shoes after they are worn out! I vow to keep track of the mileage on my shoes!
12. Parents: To check my children’s shoes and feet every month or two for a proper fit since their feet can grow quickly if they hit a growth spurt! (Especially important for babies and toddlers who can’t tell you when it hurts!)
13. Parents again: To buy new shoes for my children every 3-6 months, not once every school year, even if they seem to fit well, because they wear out quickly! (Often times they wear out before they outgrow them!)
14. Parents again: To stop blaming my children for being tough on their shoes! Hey parents, it’s not your kids’ fault that their shoes wear out so quickly…it just happens. It’s a fact. Accept it. And then go buy them some new shoes!
15. Husbands, boyfriends, significant others: To buy wonderful, beautiful, sexy shoes for the lovely lady in my life…because just about all women love shoes!!! (Hint, hint!) 😉
Do any of these sound familiar??? Think about it…maybe at least one of them is for you! 🙂
Once again, Happy Shoe Year, shoe lovers!!!