Shoe Trends Part 1: Like Them, Love Them or Hate Them? (Featuring @NineWest Shoes)
Shoe Trends: Part I
(as projected by Nine West)
1. Ladylike: Be on the lookout for shoes with feminine details like bows, rosettes, rouching, and lace in satins, leathers, and suedes. In the spring, we will also see bright colors such as citrus shades that fall into this category as well. I love the ladylike details on shoes as long as they’re not too big and taking over the shoe. I have a pair of black suede peep toe ankle booties with a rosette on the side that always gets compliments! 🙂
GIRLIE in black satin on sale for $89.99
2. Utility: This military-inspired trend features a lot of buckles, straps, and laces in browns, blacks, and even camouflage. These shoes also tend to have thicker soles (which means they tend to be more comfortable). If you like boots like I do, then you’re bound to have at least one of these in your closet. 🙂
DONLEY military-style boots on sale for $119.99
3. Lacing: Laces are everywhere right now! Picture laces on flat boots, high heel boots, ankle booties, peep toe booties, high heel oxfords, and flat oxfords. I love the lacing trend. For those of us who wear orthotics in our shoes, they will fit in almost any shoe that has laces!
CASILDA suede lace-up flat tall boots $99.99
4. Jewels & Accents: These shoes have been all over the red carpets this year! From crystals to jewels to glitter to other sparkly accents, they are definitely here to stay. And they’re on pumps, strappy sandals, ankle booties, and even on straps on boots. Again, as long as they are not too big and taking over the shoe, I think they look good….but I have seen a few shoes that just look too “be-jeweled” for my taste.
ELNORA peep toe pump with jewel embellishment $69.99
5. Open Toe Booties: I think that out of all of the shoe trends here, this is the one that has had the biggest impact on the market. They are everywhere! And they come in all shades, all materials, all types of cutouts and designs. They have really taken off as a shoe type, and they are not going away any time soon. I have a couple of them, and I have to admit that they are comfortable. For women who need an open toe shoe, here you go! It’s a boot and an open toe heel all in one!
EMPRYSS open toe ankle bootie on sale for $39.99
6. Motorcycle: This trend isn’t new. Motorcycle boots have been around for ages, but it has made a comeback in the women’s shoe market. They’re mostly flat, so of course they’re comfortable (but there are some high heel styles too). The toe box tends to be wider and rounded, again adding comfort. I say yes, as long as they still look feminine.
BARSTOOL suede bootie with chain detail on sale for $149.99
7. Faux Fur: There is so much variation in this trend. The fur can be just the liner or just on the cuff or on the entire upper of the boot. In these cold fall and winter months, just about everywhere you look you’ll see a variation of these. I love mine!
PRISKA faux fur cuff high heel boot on sale for $129.99
[Note: I had to post this in two parts because it was just too long for one, so Part 2 will be posted tomorrow and will list #8-14!]
So tell me what you think…do you have your faves?
(I’m always taking polls to see what the women want in shoes!)
Do you love any of them? Do you like all of the m? Do you hate any of them?