Can you tell if it’s a real deal or real expensive?
What matters more to you, brand names or great deals? Do you pay more for your shoes just to have the brand you know or do you pay more for brands that you trust to be comfortable and long-lasting?
Have you ever heard the phrase “you get what you pay for?” Well, when it comes to shoes, nothing is further from the truth! Let’s see if you can tell the difference between a brand name (expensive) shoe vs. a less expensive version by a not-so-swanky brand?
3. Tan leather flat boots with zipper detail in back:
1. The first one is by Amiclubwear and costs $26.99; the second one is by Valentino and costs $1045.00. Pretty huge difference in price!!!
2. The first one is by Jimmy Choo and costs $365.00; the second one is by Gap and costs $49.50. For the Jimmy Choo brand, you’re looking at spending over $300 more…do you think it’s worth it???
3. The first ones are by Adi (found at Target) and cost $49.99; the second ones are by Steve Madden and cost $199.95. The Steve Maddens are 4x more expensive! I have tried on the Adi boots and have to admit that these boots are quite comfortable…now I have to try on the Steve Maddens to compare!
4. The first one is python, made by Christian Louboutin and costs $2595.00; the second ones are faux python, made by Colin Stuart (found at Victoria’s Secret) and cost $49.99. This difference is so huge, but it is python vs. faux python…
Just to reiterate my main point, ladies…you get what you pay for when it comes to shoes!
–Dr. Michele, The Shoe Expert