Red Carpet Shoe Dilemma…
I’m writing this 20 minutes before leaving to go to a Red Carpet event in Hollywood. I just wanted to share some thoughts before they leave me… As I was picking out my dress and getting all glammed up for this party, I realized that in order for me to stand comfortably in long lines, walk the Red Carpet, and then stand for possibly hours more at the party, I was going to have to rethink my entire outfit. :(
My comfy 4″ heels that I designed are at the shoemaker’s shop for a slight adjustment and also for the shoemaker to use as a template for the next pair that will be ready soon…so, which shoes am I going to wear now?
Well, that last question doesn’t really matter to YOU. (I found some sexy black boots that will look great!) What matters to YOU is when this happens to YOU! So tell me, how many times has this happened to you? How many times have you had to do one of these things:
(1) Change your outfit to match your comfy shoes so that you are not in pain all night from the shoes that you really wanted to wear but you came to your senses in time,
(2) Wear the ‘painful’ shoes anyway because you are NOT changing your outfit for comfier shoes. Period. And then you suffer all night in pain, practically limping by the time you get home and possibly even getting blisters,
(3) Wear the ‘painful’ shoes anyway because, like in #2, you are NOT changing your outfit for shoes that are comfy…but then you end up taking the shoes off at the party or at least by the time you are heading home, doing the dreaded barefoot walk on your way back home
Almost all of us women have done all of some of these due to the comfort vs. fashion dilemma.
So which side do you fall on? Sacrifice your fashion or sacrifice your comfort? Wondering minds want to know! OK, I want to know! :)
Tonight I tried to compromise with the black boots, but I’m not thrilled about it! I really wanted to wear the heels that are at the shoe shop!
But back to the debate: What I would love to do as a shoe expert and a foot expert is to mix the fashion and comfort into one and give you a shoe that doesn’t hurt your feet! So stay tuned…I’m working on it, ladies! :)
- Oscar Awards Red Carpet, Fashion, Beauty, and Press Room Roundup! (casasugar.com)
- Inspired: Oscar Red-Carpet Looks (casasugar.com)
- Oscar Awards Red Carpet, Fashion, Beauty, and Press Room Roundup! (fitsugar.com)
- People’s Choice Awards Red Carpet Beauty and Fashion Roundup! (fitsugar.com)